Click Here to see the video: UNTV Sports 37 Feature on Team Futsalistas
The Full Feature on Team Futsalistas & about Futsal will be shown on Sunday 4:00-5:00pm at UNTV 37.
Thank you ver much to UNTV Sports 37 for featuring Futsal & other under served sports. A truly noble cause.
WHY IS FUTSAL IDEAL IN THE PHILIPINES ?
- It is easier to organize a 5v5 futsal game.
- Abundance of Covered Basketball Gyms which can be easily converted to a Futsal court.
- There are over 44,000 schools in all levels all over the Philippines (almost 2,000 are in the NCR) and only a few have football fields. However, more than 50% of these schools already have basketball courts. You just put 2 Futsal Goals and we can already play Futsal. We have not even counted the barangay basketball courts yet, wherein every barangay has its own multi purpose covered courts.
WHY IS FUTSAL FOR FILIPINOS?
- Filipinos are more inclined to watch fast-paced & high scoring games.
- Filipino players are quick, agile & skillful.
- Futsal is played on the ground, which eliminates the advantage of taller people.
WHY WILL FUTSAL COMPLEMENT FOOTBALL?
- Futsal will teach a player to be more skillful because of the small space.
- Futsal will develop a player both in offense & defense.
- Futsal can be played anywhere & anytime by anyone.
Grassroots Development is the most important ingredient for a sport to develop and putting Futsal in Physical Education Classes is the best & easiest way of achieving a successful Football Grassroots Program.